West Johnston Band 2015

 

Grocery Card Program

Food Lion

Lowes Foods

      Questions?  Contact:  giftcardcoordinator@gmail.com

 

      

Earn FREE MONEY for your band student’s “Incidental Expenses” (IE) account when you purchase prepaid grocery cards for Food Lion and Lowes Foods.  Just by doing your regular grocery shopping and using gift cards as payment, you will earn money for your student’s account to help pay for band fees and other expenses.

General Information - How To Order & Pay For Your Grocery Card(s)

  • The Grocery Card Coordinator will send an email out every other week (usually Sunday) asking for grocery card orders.  You have until Tuesday evening to reply with your order.

  • You may purchase grocery cards in increments of $25 in denominations between $25 and $500.  These may be ordered on a one-time basis or on a schedule (i.e. bi-weekly, or monthly). 

  • Payments can be made by cash, check or PayPal.

  • PayPal payments may be made via the following link:  PayPal Link - or, by clicking the "PayPal.Me" button, located in the footer of each page of the West Johnston Band website.  After entering your transaction, please add “grocery card payment” in the comments section.  PayPal payments should be done within 48 hours of receiving grocery cards or email of successful reload. 

  • Delivery of grocery cards will usually be on Thursdays at 6p in the Band Parking Lot but may change due to schedule conflicts.  Also, an alternate time/location can be agreed upon individually, if the need arises. 

  • You will see your grocery card rebates on your monthly I.E. band statement.  Keep in mind that there may be a one-month delay in seeing your rebates appear.

 

FOOD LION Grocery Cards

  • You earn 5% of the purchase price (ex. $100 gift card = $5 rebate).

  • Of the 5% rebate, the Band General Fund receives 10%, while you get the other 90% in your child's IE account (ex. $5 rebate = $0.50 to General Fund + $4.50 to your IE).

  • The savings adds up: for example - $100 Food Lion card purchased every other week, earns you $117 in a year. $200 Food Lion card purchased every other week earns you $234 in a year.

  • One excellent feature with Food Lion grocery cards is that they are reloadableOnce you order your first one, it can be reloaded with your preferred denomination anytime afterwardsMost reloads are made available on Wednesday afternoon.  An email will be sent out to those folks letting them know that the reloads have been successfully added.

  • If you take advantage of both gift card reloads and the PayPal payment feature, you will not have to physically meet with the Grocery Card Coordinator after the first card purchase.

 

LOWES FOODS Grocery Cards

  • You earn 6% of the purchase price (ex. $100 gift card = $6 rebate).

  • Of the 6% rebate, the Band General Fund receives 10%, while you get the other 90% in your child’s IE account (ex. $6 rebate = $0.60 to General Fund + $5.40 to your IE).

  • The savings adds up: for example - $100 Lowes Food card purchased every other week, earns you $140.40 in a year. $200 Lowes Food card purchased every other week earns you $280.80 in a year.

 

Feel free to contact the Grocery Card Coordinator with any questions.

 

Sincerely,

WJHS BPA Grocery Card Coordinator

giftcardcoordinator@gmail.com